Even if you practice good dental hygiene, you can still find yourself dealing with discolored teeth. Here’s what you need to know about teeth whitening and how Dental Group of Trinidad and Tobago in San Fernando can help!
What Is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a form of cosmetic dentistry. It is easily one of the most popular forms of cosmetic procedures that is currently being practiced. There are a number of teeth whitening methods that are available to you. Our cosmetic dentist at Dental Group of Trinidad and Tobago in San Fernando, will discuss these options with you, before pointing you towards the teeth whitening procedure that is right for you. As you consider whether or not teeth whitening is right for you, there are a number of interesting statistics that you should consider:
- Over 90 percent of all adults believe smiles are important social tools.
- Over ninety-five percent believe that smiles are an essential tool for appealing to others.
- In terms of how someone would like to improve their smile, an overwhelmingly majority responded by stating that they would like to improve their smiles by having their teeth whitened.
In addition to these statistics, there are also several different reasons behind tooth discoloration, which can lead to looking into teeth whitening in the first place:
- Although teeth can darken naturally through simple aging, genetics, antibiotics, and specific foods can all contribute to teeth discoloration.
- Internal discoloration of the teeth occurs when changes to the enamel and dentin of the tooth occur. Extreme levels of exposure to fluoride or tetracycline, antibiotic usage as a child, a developmental disorder, decaying teeth, restoration work, root canals, or trauma are all causes behind internal discoloration.
- External discoloration can occur through exposure to tobacco, various foods, coffee, or tea.
Is Teeth Whitening Right For Me?
Teeth whitening truly does possess the ability to transform your smile for the better. It will help you improve overall self esteem and will get you smiling once again.
At Dental Group of Trinidad, our team is dedicated to help you with all of your general family dentistry and cosmetic dentistry needs (including teeth whitening!).
If you’re ready to make an appointment or have some questions about what your dental insurance covers, give us a call at (714) 855-1138 or e-mail us by clicking here.